Re: multiple vnodes for same file?

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 05:21:24AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> i don't understand.
> name cache is looked up with (parent vnode, component name).
> why and how do you check the userland cookie?

This is how it works:
- check cname ache
- if cache hit with valid TTL, return result
- perfom lookup, get userland cookie
- call puffs_cookie2vnode() to retreive existing vnode
- if it exists, return it, otherwise create a new vnode

The bug is that puffs_cookie2vnode() is not called if wre have
cache hit AND expired TTL AND successful lookup, and I use
the vnode from cache regardless if it is matching userland cookie.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost