Re: Socket option to timestamp UDP packets in the kernel

;; This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,
;; then enter the text in that file's own buffer.

Though this project is listed under "easy" tag, do not that fool you.
You should have working knowledge about netbsd's kernel socket layer and
network device drivers.

You should know how to build and debug the kernel.

This project demands that you implement timestamping support
for at least one NIC.

Considering the fact that you do not know potential programming language
for this project, you may not have necessary knowledge for that project.
So, you may need tremendous efforts to keep up with work.

I advice you to pick some userland project (see below in ideas page).

I tried that project in gsoc '11 but failed due to delay of necessary
hardware and bad planning, but if you nevertheless decide to pick it up
 i may provide some assistance.

(as a side note i am revamping that project so wait for updates :) )

--
With best regards,
Dmitry