Re: CVS commit: src

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 08:51:28AM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:

> > I wonder if we could do a ld -r -o <kernel>_prelink.o *.o
> > and then use that to calculate SYMTAB_SPACE.
>
> I think the idea is basically sound, but might want a few minor changes.
> What about:
> - kern_ksyms.c has a weak reference to the real db_symtab
> - initial link uses normal OBJS list and computes SYMTAB_SPACE
> - an additional object file containing just db_symtab is built from that
> - final link uses all normal OBJS and this additional one.

The final link should be able to use the file generated by the initial link.
This probably means it is possible to actually embed the symbol table
itself - not just the space for it.
I've done similar things in the past in order to embed an ordered
list of initialition functions into an embedded system.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost