Re: vnode_to_path()

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 09:13:42PM +0100, Stephan wrote:
 > thanks for that clarification. Do you have an idea what the best
 > solution for this issue would be? Is there a way to make sure the name
 > cache contains the appropriate information if getcwd() is not an
 > alternative?
 >
 > I know of java and wine being products relying on $ORIGIN.

Wine doesn't rely on it (last I heard/tried) -- it has an incorrect
configure test such that it ends up trying to use it whether or not
it's actually supported, and then it croaks. Attempts to get this
fixed upstream have failed.

No idea about Java.

If you enable the disabled code, except on a very busy system running
pwd before exec'ing the affected binary should in general make it
work. Also, it works fine with absolute paths; only relative paths are
an issue.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost