Re: Multiple device attachments

On Thu, 21 Jul 2011, Michael wrote:

The examples you site seem to indicate that for example the le device may
attach to many
alternative devices (e.g. pci, tc, ?), but only one attachment is made when
autoconf is complete. I may have
read the code examples incorrectly -- please pardon me if I did; but what I
want to know is --  can a
device have multiple attachments (more than one parent device) when autoconf is

What do you mean - several instances of the same driver with different bus
backends in the same kernel? Sure, there is absolutely nothing to prevent it.

Yes, there can be multiple instances of a driver, with each instance attached to a different attribute.

However, each single instance can be attached to only one parent.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |