Re: RAIDframe component replacement

        hello.  I would suggest marking sd0a as failed, as you indicate in
your second scenario, then, after replacing the failed sd0 with the new
sd0,  doing:
raidctl -R /dev/sd0a raid0
or what ever the magic raid number is in your setup.
That should get you back to what you want with the least number of steps.
I've done this innumerable times with NetBSD since at least NetBSD-2.x,
and, assuming all of your equipment is good, it works flawlessly.
        Remember to do an installboot on the new disk after the reconstruction
is done to reinstall the boot block.

Good luck.
-Brian