Re: Decomposing vfs_subr.c

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 04:07:29AM +0000, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:

> I would like to split-off parts of vfs_subr.c into vfs_node.c * and
> vfs_mount.c modules.  Decomposing should hopefully bring some better
> abstraction, as well as make it easier to work with VFS subsystem.
>
> Any objections?

Sounds good to me.  Some comments:

- I think it should be vfs_vnode.c?

- If there are mutexes, global data structures etc. consider making them
  static.  File systems shouldn't be playing with this stuff in so far as
  possible.

- Much code in vfs_syscalls.c belongs in a vfs_mount.c.

- Random thought: some day it would be nice to dump all the syscall code
  into its own directory.