Re: FIXED: mpt Serious performance issues

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011, Stephan wrote:

for your configuration. I could immagine that not resetting the
mode pages could make it non-functionnal in some other
configs.

Maybe yes. But I wonder why I don´t see this behaviour in the OpenBSD
and FreeBSD driver.

That would be because both FreeBSD and OpenBSD have totally rewritten their driver. It did not appear that either driver clears the SCSI DEVICE page. Both would probably have had the same problem with the original driver (I think the NetBSD driver was derived from the old FreeBSD driver, and I don't remember the origin of the OpenBSD driver).

--
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant