Re: FIXED: mpt Serious performance issues

> Reset it to a known state.

Okay.

> No, but it's just wrong to apply the modes computed for the
> virtual disk, to a physical disk.

When the controller operates in RAID mode, is target page 0 still the
disk page or the page for the RAID volume? I think that´s what Eduardo
said. If it´s for the RAID set, should then the mode setting still be
ignored?

> for your configuration. I could immagine that not resetting the
> mode pages could make it non-functionnal in some other
> configs.

Maybe yes. But I wonder why I don´t see this behaviour in the OpenBSD
and FreeBSD driver.

> both x86 I guess, and both with the BIOS enabled.

Both x86. Did you mean the mainboard BIOS or the MPT BIOS?

> for FC, tagged queuing should also work AFAIK.

The driver needs some love regarding FC and SAS. Looking at other
drivers, special treatment for these devices is needed.

Making the driver RAID aware, I successfully gathered different types
of information from the controller. What i don´t see at the moment is
how physical disks can be associated to RAID sets. That would be
needed in order to determine the disks mode setting should be ignored
for.

mpt0: DEBUG: Reading MPI_CONFIG_PAGETYPE_RAID_VOLUME 0 Header
mpt0: DEBUG: Secussfully read MPI_CONFIG_PAGETYPE_RAID_VOLUME 0 Header
mpt0: DEBUG: Reading scsi page 0
mpt0: DEBUG: Successfully read raid page 0
mpt0: DEBUG: Volume ID: 0
mpt0: DEBUG: Write Cache: 1
mpt0: DEBUG: AUTO_CONFIGURE: 4
mpt0: DEBUG: PRIORITY_RESYNC: 0
mpt0: DEBUG: USE_DEFAULTS: 0
mpt0: DEBUG: ENABLED: 1
mpt0: DEBUG: QUIESCED: 0
mpt0: DEBUG: RESYNC: 0
mpt0: DEBUG: OPTIMAL: 0 (This should be 1)
mpt0: DEBUG: DEGRADED: 0
mpt0: DEBUG: FAILED: 0
mpt0: DEBUG: Reading MPI_CONFIG_PAGETYPE_IOC 2 Header
mpt0: DEBUG: Secussfully read MPI_CONFIG_PAGETYPE_IOC 2 Header
mpt0: DEBUG: Reading ioc page 2
mpt0: DEBUG: Successfully read ioc page 2
mpt0: DEBUG: Active Vols: 1
mpt0: DEBUG: Max Vols: 1
mpt0: DEBUG: Actice Phys Disks: 2
mpt0: DEBUG: Max Phys Disks: 6
mpt0: DEBUG: Volume 0: Type 2 (IM, RAID-1)
mpt0: DEBUG: Volume 0: Page Number: 0