Re: Using coccinelle for (quick?) syntax fixing

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:49:10PM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
 > -                "esp_aeesctr_mature %s: unsupported algorithm.\n",
 > -                algo->name));
 > +                "%s: unsupported encryption algorithm %d\n",
 > +                __func__, sav->alg_enc));

I would say don't do __func__ for messages like this; it doesn't
really serve much purpose vs. typing in a name, causes the observable
behavior to change silently if the code gets reorganized, and makes it
much harder to grep the source for an error message you're seeing.

Changing it to use aprint_whatnot_foo(), though, might be worthwhile...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost