Re: Using coccinelle for (quick?) syntax fixing

On 12.08.2010 08:17, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
>>>      if (dev_priv == NULL) {
>>>          DRM_ERROR("called with no initialization\n");
>>> -        DRM_SPINUNLOCK(&dev_priv->cs.cs_mutex);
>> Hmm, you didn't mention why you are doing that in your initial mail.
>
> Use of pointer after determining it's NULL, in thias case dev_priv
> (it _was_ in one of the prior mails).

Yeah, but the fix is not quite right; IMHO this branch can never be
taken. The SPINLOCK acquired just above will fail, and I can't see how
the drm_devive matched to an ATI Radeon could have a NULL dev_priv
element for the ioctl there.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost