Re: xxxVERBOSE module?

On Fri, 21 May 2010, John Nemeth wrote:

} My current approach is to load the module right before the first pcibus
} is enumerated, and unload when finished.  So we can use the in-kernel

   File systems aren't initialised during autoconf when the system is
being cold booted, thus it isn't possible for the kernel to load a
module at that point in time.  Also consider that on most platforms
with PCI, prior to the first pcibus being enumerated, the kernel
doesn't know anything about any disk drives that may be attached to the
system.

Ah, yeah!  Ooppss!  :)

I guess I can probably remove those changes. So we'll have to rely on either the module being built-in or established by the boot loader.

} The fun part is making sure that the shared code still plays nicely with
} src/lib/libpci :)

    I don't know anything about libpci, but have fun with that.

The only thing I find that uses libpci is /usr/sbin/pcictl and that seems to be working fine.

} No worries!  When I finish up with PCI, I'll start in on USB.

    I imagine that will be mostly copy/paste.

Mostly.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |