Re: config(5) break down

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Which is fine if you have one type of serial port, but if you have a mix of
> devices all providing serial ports how do you know what tty is going to what
> serial port (especially with multiport serial devices)?

Like puc(4)?  It has an array of ports (sc_ports) where child com(4)
device_t pointers are stored.  com(4) has sc_tty.  So you can lookup
puc->com->tty.

FreeBSD's tty(4) stores its serial device's softc as t_devswsoftc.  I
think we can make tty(4) as a device so that we can lookup
tty->com->puc using dv_parent.

Masao