Unsafe GENERIC? - Re: (unknown)

Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost> writes:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010, Aleksej Saushev wrote:
>> While here, can anyone enlighten us how one boots NetBSD so that it looks
>> for modules in non-default directory?
>
> You can't, and the people who want NetBSD to move to modular kernels
> don't seem to care.  Until this problem is fixed, I will try to avoid
> using modular kernels.

Well... Could we arrange it so that we have safe monolithic GENERIC
until issues are resolved somehow?
It isn't nice to provide highly experimental feature as default one.

Until release management is arranged so that drivers are backported faster,
users of commodity hardware are forced to use current sometimes.

--
HE CE3OH...