Re: new acpi utility functions

On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 09:25:46PM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
> I developped a separate patch which does proper ACPI PCI enumeration.

I asked the purpose of these functions because the code opens also some
opportunities for power management. Not much more is needed to link the
"native" PCI power management code to the ACPI equivalent. The idea, as done
in FreeBSD (cf. also [1]), would be to turn on/off possible additional ACPI
power resources when powering up/down the device via PCI.

- Jukka.

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/PCIpm.mspx