Re: new acpi utility functions

Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 08:31:39AM +0100, Christoph Egger wrote:
>> I want to add two new acpi utility functions
>> into sys/dev/acpi/acpi.c
>>
>> They are needed for ACPI drivers I have
>> in my local tree.
>
> Hi.
>
> It just happens that I've been working with quite similar functions while
> exploring the device D-state management.
>
> Could you outline in which context these functions are used?

The acpi_eval_set_integer() function is used to write an integer value
into OSPM.

I revised the patch:
http://www.netbsd.org/~cegger/common_acpi.diff

> The "PNP0A??" is skipped in acpi_build_tree(), and later it is matched
> separately in the new acpi_find_pci_device(), which furthermore walks the
> namespace on each call. From my limited experience I would have thought that
> we want to walk the whole namespace just once while scanning and building
> the tree, so that all device nodes can be searched directly and efficiently
> from internal data structures.

I developped a separate patch which does proper ACPI PCI enumeration.

The patch is here:
http://www.netbsd.org/~cegger/acpi_pci.diff

In my HP Laptop I have these ACPI PCI devices:

acpi0: pci devices: P2P0 XVR0 XVR1 XVR2 XVR3

Christoph