Re: basic support for (software concept) "pci domains" in the MI pci code

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:47:59AM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
> In newer Xen versions, PCI passthrough works this way:
>
> xm help  enlists these commands:
>
>  pci-attach           Insert a new pass-through pci device.
>  pci-detach           Remove a domain's pass-through pci device.
>  pci-list                  List pass-through pci devices for a domain.
>  pci-list-assignable-devices   List all the assignable pci devices
>

> 1. Enlist all PCI devices you may assign a domU
>
> # xm pci-list-assignable-devices
> 0000:02:00.0
> 0000:02:00.1
>
> 2. Assign these two devices to the first domU
>
> # xm pci-attach 1 0000:02:00.0
> # xm pci-attach 1 0000:02:00.1
>
> 3. List devices assigned to first domU
>
> # xm pci-list 1
> VSlt domain bus  slot func
> 0x06 0x0000 0x02 0x00 0x0
> 0x07 0x0000 0x02 0x00 0x1
>
> "VSlt" is the "virtual slot"

I can't see wht this can't work with NetBSD now, as this uses the same
infos as Xen 3.1. domain is hardwired to 0, and we can get bus, slot and
func from the kernel though pcictl. The patch I added to xentools3 just
needs to be ported to xentools33. As I don't speak python I can't easily do
it myself ...