Re: basic support for (software concept) "pci domains" in the MI pci code

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 01:17:05PM +1000, matthew green wrote:
> to support modern Xorg and modern xen, we need a sane way to export the
> concept of "pci domains" to userland.

Can you please explain a bit more background here? The previous proprosals
all were (at least to me) completely unclear about the what and why.

Isn't it enough to have a way for userland to tell which pciX is the parent
of pciY and maybe a function to get the list of all pci$N that don't have a
pci as parent?

What is the "domain" value used for inside the kernel?

Martin