Re: should gpio be moved to sys/dev from sys/sys?

Am 17.08.2009 um 23:08 schrieb Mindaugas Rasiukevicius:

matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:

Having said that, given <sys/gpio.h> is already in netbsd 5, it's too
  late to move.

this hasn't prevented us from fixing other prior mistakes.

i recommend that we move it to the right place, fix the docs,
but leave a backwards compat header that generates a warning
for a couple of releases, and then remove it.

Yes, please.

I think we should be even more aggressive about such clean-ups.

question is, what should be in sys/sys, and what in sys/dev?

What is YOUR definition?