Re: Reclaiming vnodes

On Aug,Monday 17 2009, at 1:00 PM, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:44:53AM +0200, Adam Hamsik wrote:
I have added new kernel thread called vreclaim which takes
care about vnode reclaiming.

Why?

To simplify locking in filesystems e.g. in zfs gentnewvnode is called with mutex foo held
which is later acquired by zfs_reclaim which is called by VOP_RECLAIM.

If adding new kernel thread is a problem I can use vrelel thread to do this too.

Regards

Adam.