Re: uarea swap-out

On Aug 16, 2009, at 5:24 PM, der Mouse wrote:

The following patch removes the uarea swap-out functionality: [...]

After some thought and discussion with few developers, I believe it
is worth, because it: [...]

Concerns?

Well, it's difficult to evaluate whether a benefit is worth a price
when all we have is the benefit.  What's the price here?  Is there any
price beyond, effectively, some wired kernel memory per process?  How
much memory is that - how large are uareas on typical ports?

8KB or 16KB.