Re: merge for gt(4) and Marvell SoC

Hi! Simon and all,

From: Simon Burge <simonb%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:30:20 +1000

> KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
>
> > From: Simon Burge <simonb%NetBSD.org@localhost>
> > Subject: Re: merge for gt(4) and Marvell SoC
> > Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 21:30:43 +1000

> > > What is "gt0" in this context?  The existing uses of "gt" for drivers
> > > in NetBSD are for the Galileo Technology system controllers found in
> > > some MIPS and PowerPC boards (like the EV64260).  Marvell bought Galileo
> > > Technology which is why these appear in sys/dev/marvell.
> > >
> > > I suspect you want a different parent bus name for the ARM-based Marvell
> > > SoC chips - it looks like this bus is called the Mbus, at least in the
> > > 88F5181.
> >
> > I have the possibility of not understanding Mbus.
> > However, what implementing does the driver of Mbus become?  I was not
> > found the difference of the inclusion of this in gt.
>
> The problem is that dev/marvell/gt.c is the driver for Galileo
> Technology system controllers, as used in at least the EV64260 board
> in the evbppc port.  It's entirely possible that the GT drivers and
> the ARM SoC drivers might be able to share code, but the front end for
> the ARM SoC drivers shouldn't be in dev/marvell/gt.c and isn't a "GT
> system controller driver" as the comment at the top of gt.c currently
> says.  If you modify gt.c in the way that you've proposed, will the
> EV64260 board that uses the current form of gt.c still work?

I am planning to merge gt of cobalt and MALTA and ofppc(PegasosII),
EV64260 in that.  The peripheral device will work by giving the address
and irq from gt.  However, I think that the processing of new irq is
necessary.

I can test on MALTA with GxEmul.  I have a cobalt and a PegasosII.  ;-)

Thanks,
--
kiyohara