Re: UVM typedef struct

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:42:07AM -0500, Eric Haszlakiewicz wrote:

 > > > If anything like this is done, I'd like to kindly request that
 > > > there be an option to expose the contents of the structure with a
 > > > config or compile flag.  It is very annoying to try to debug a
 > > > program where you can't print out a structure unless you're in
 > > > the "right" stack frame.
 > >
 > > gdb is usually pretty good about this, IME. If ddb needs fixing, let's
 > > fix it.
 >
 > I *was* using gdb, but maybe it was due to it being an old version.

It's been a long while since I noticed this problem, and given my
general coding practices I think I'd trip on it regularly. I haven't
had any problem looking inside the opaque structs in the code I've
been working on recently, anyhow.

 > argh, and now gdb just hangs when I try to debug anything so I can't
 > try it out.   something must be messed up with my machine. :(

Not necessarily. It's probably PR 40594, and note that there's a
workaround.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost