Re: UVM typedef struct

On Mon Jun 15 2009 at 20:09:56 +0100, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to typedef and replace the struct usage in UVM, so that
> struct vm_map would become vm_map_t, struct vm_anon - vm_anon_t, and so
> on. It increases readability and makes UVM consistent in this respect
> with other subsystems (cf. sys/kern). Any concerns?
>
> I would like to do this in one go, since <chs> has mentioned that "slow"
> diverge would prolong his pain. :)

Strongly opposed to the _t mania.  I actually had a longer mail written
about the subject a few days ago, but I managed to lose it.  My two main
reasons for opposition were:

1) obfuscates code.  there is no reason to tell if silly_t is an int,
   struct or pointer to something just by looking at the type
2) impossible to provide forward declarations for interfaces using
   silly_t