Re: more on the "vmmapva" kernel deadlocks on NetBSD-4

Is there any good existing instrumentation (in netbsd-4) that will help
me monitor how much KVA space is used?

It seems to me that with my pmap.c change I'm triggering a sub-map to be
used for some of the buffer-cache management tables:

        if (bufmem_valimit != 0) {
                vaddr_t minaddr = 0, maxaddr;
                buf_map = uvm_km_suballoc(kernel_map, &minaddr, &maxaddr,
                                          bufmem_valimit, 0, FALSE, 0);
                if (buf_map == NULL)
                        panic("bufinit: cannot allocate submap");
        } else
                buf_map = kernel_map;

However I'm not sure if this means there might be some separately
managed statistics available somewhere (I have "options KMEMSTATS"
enabled).  I don't immediately see anything new appear in "vmstat -m"
though....

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.