vge VT6130 driver help

All,
        I have a VIA A2000 with a VT6130 nic.  My understanding is
the 6130 is the PCIe version of VT6122.  The vge driver
detects and attaches.  The problem is that interrupts are
not being delivered to the handler.  I have printed the
register states when interrupts are supposed to be enabled
and everything agrees with the 6122 documentation.  Any
suggestions?

        I must confess that I'm a little confused about the PHY/MII
interface.  I'm assuming that the PHY/MII part of the
driver is a standard interface to the cableing (e.g., is
the nic physically connected, at what speed).  The driver
is responsible for filling and draining the queues and this
is where the interrupt handler comes in.  Is this correct?

Aran