Re: Xen i386 PAE

Manuel Bouyer wrote:

>> Any
>> recomendations? Or is Xen really more suited for server type stuff?
>
> I admit I never tried to run X on a Xen system, all my systems have serial
> console.

You can run X in Xen guests. I connect to the guest via vnc to see the
graphic output. But you can't do 3d stuff unless you pass through
your graphic card into the guest.

This has been successfully done with NVidia graphic cards and will be
also for ATI/AMD soon (driver makes wrong assumptions and
these are about getting to be fixed).

Christoph