Re: RAID-on-RAID

>>> IIRC, configuring them up was easier than getting the unconfigures
>>> done in the right order... (and actually getting the devices to
>>> close properly)
>> Is that related to autoconfiguration, though?  It seems to work fine
>> with the second-layer RAIDs done via /etc/rc.d/raidframe,
> In your case you are explicitly unconfiguring the top-level array.

I am?  When?  I certainly don't manually unconfigure it before typing
"halt", and I didn't think halt ran shutdown scripts - I certainly
don't see any messages to make me think they're running.  (I use halt
to shut the machine down often enough to call it common, certainly
often enough to be confident that what I've seen is not explained by
something shutdown does but halt doesn't.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign