Re: Again: panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error (but no I/O error)

Edgar =?iso-8859-1?B?RnXf?= writes:
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:51:15PM +0100, Edgar Fu=DF wrote:
> > raid1: IO failed after 5 retries
> > raid1: IO failed after 5 retries
> > raid1: IO failed after 5 retries
> > /export/mail: got error 5 while accessing filesystem
> > panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error
> >=20
> > The funny thing is there's actually no I/O error (at least nothing in d=
> mesg).
> >=20
> Nearly the same today (same machine, same raid, different file system).
> Again, this happened during high activity on the raid.

:(

> However, this time, I do have a dump.
>
> What should I investigate in the dump?

I'd like to know what's in raidPtrs[0] (or raidPtrs[1] or whatever
number the RAID set is).  In particular, knowing what's in the
raidPtrs[0].Queues structure might be useful.

The trick is to figure out why a getiobuf() call returned NULL, or
whether or not the diskqueuedata pool was exhausted...

Feel free to contact me off-line about this...

Later...

Greg Oster