RAID-on-RAID

How hard would it be to make autoconfigured RAID-on-RAID work?  I had a
look at the code and it looks to me as though it'd just be a question
of scanning new RAID units for partitions of type RAID as they get
autoconfigured, repeating until nothing more happens.

Am I missing something?  I have a machine (the same one on which I've
been doing all my recent RAIDframe playing) on which it would be useful
to autoconfigure RAID-on-RAID.

\ / Ribbon Campaign