Re: saving RAIDframe parity accross a panic

> If the system now panics, the component labels will say that the
> parity is dirty, but since a component is missing it will be forced
> to use whatever parity is there.
Ah, thanks! Reassuring to know.

Another RAIDframe question: Is there a decent way to replace a component on the
fly that one is afraid of failing?
Say I get recoverable errors or squeeky noises from a component. Of course, I
can add a hot spare, fail that component and begin a reconstruction. But then I
have a three-hour window where, if another component fails, I have shot myself
in the foot.