Re: Path to kmods

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:23 AM, Andrew Doran wrote:
On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 09:24:59AM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
or an embeeded system where the kernel is in a flash readable
only by firmware.
I would be surprised if someone used kernel modules in such a constrained
environment.

When I got to my current employer, that's exactly what they were doing... I shaved over a minute off boot times by moving modules into the kernel...

see: "why I hate kernel modules"....