Re: Proposal for new syscalls: getrusagex and waitx

    Date:        Sat, 18 Oct 2008 18:10:23 +0000
    From:        David Holland <dholland-tech%NetBSD.org@localhost>

  | > int waitx(pid_t wpid, int *status, int options, struct plistref *rusage);
  |
  | That should be wait5, for consistency with the various other forms of
  | wait.

Huh?   Why.

wait3() was the 3 arg form of wait.   wait4() is the 4 arg form of wait
(there never was a wait2() - no 2 arg form ever existed that I know of).

Aside: wait4() should have been waitfor() but whoever at Berkeley I suggested
that call to didn't get the verbal pun ... or just decided to ignore it!

I see just 4 args in Matt's proposed waitx() so wait5() wouldn't
be consistent at all.

kre