Re: LM78 driver

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008, Andrew Gillham wrote:

That is a good question.  I don't understand the config stuff well
enough.  It seems logical that using the "attach lm at iic with
lm_iic" would work the way you're trying to make it work.  I noticed
that nothing else in files.i2c is using the "with" clause.

Well, I figured out the problem!   :)

It seems that conf/files has the following lines

        306:include "dev/i2c/files.i2c"
        816:device  lm: sysmon_envsys
        817:file    dev/ic/nslm7x.c                 lm       needs-flag

So, files.i2c attempts to define the lm device's iic attachment before
the lm device itself is defined.

I don't know what is the correct solution to this problem. I am rather reluctant to rearrange things in conf/files for fear of breaking too many other things, on too many other ports which I'm not able to test!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |