Re: LM78 driver

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost>
wrote:
> Yet config(1) still complains:
>
>        ../../../../dev/i2c/files.i2c:53: attaching undefined device `lm'
>
> It would seem that config(1) isn't pulling in the device definition from
> sys/conf/files in this case.
>
> So I'm still confused as to why config(1) recognizes the lm device when
> attached to isa, but not when attached to iic.  Maybe I've just been staring
> at this too long...

That is a good question.  I don't understand the config stuff well
enough.  It seems logical that using the "attach lm at iic with
lm_iic" would work the way you're trying to make it work.  I noticed
that nothing else in files.i2c is using the "with" clause.
The following pulls in the files, but might not do the right thing:

# LM78 temp/fanspeed monitor
device  lmtem: sysmon_envsys
attach  lmtem at iic with lm
file    dev/i2c/lm_i2c.c                lmtem

And in your config:
lmtem0 at iic?

-Andrew