tech-kern archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Status of revivesa wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 06:06:16PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> > wrote:
> > 
> > >      Again, the decision has been made that this is one of the items
> > > that WILL be going in 5.0.
> > 
> > Sure, then I'll give up to push 5.0.
> Why not help fix things instead?

Well, because it looks that the release schedule isn't a matter.
There is a person who complained about too long freeze period,
but no one said about four month delayed 5.0 branch.

In that case, I'd still help revivesa itself and IMO it could be
one good compromise to merge revivesa into netbsd-5 for comatibility
to make less users confused who won't read upgrade documents.

But I still doubt it's worth to merge it into the HEAD (even for 6.0)
unless we have an evidence which shows any technical advantage
other than backward compatibility which can be solved by other way.

The decision will be made by the core, so it's just my 2 cents.
Izumi Tsutsui

Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index