Re: Status of revivesa

wrstuden%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:

> > > Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using a fixsa userland. So you'll need a
> > > fixsa libpthread. :-)
> >
> > Maybe it would be worth to run the regress tests with a plain 4.0 pthread,
> > and compare outputs on 4.0 and revivesa kernels.
>
> That would be fine. That would avoid the concern I had, which is that the
> 4.0 libpthread had problems. ;-) Since we're keeping it constant in the
> testing, the new kernel doesn't get blamed for a broken library. :-)

- "make regress" in src/regress/lib/libpthread on stock 4.0 enviroment
  with a revivesa kernel is passed successfully.

- "make test" in pkgsrc/lang/perl5 on the same environment
  works similar with 4.0 kernel (fails in 4 thread tests as well).

- An assertion caused by firefox3 on 4.0 environment I reporeted
  can't be reproducible 100%. (some race condition?)

- Maybe it's much better to do these tests on any SMP box
  (I don't have MP machines) and amd64 (or any other ports).

- sysctl kernl.no_sa_support returns 1 even on revivesa.
  Is it better to make it writable?

---
Izumi Tsutsui