Re: Status of revivesa

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 12:05:34PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> I would like to see revivesa get finished and checked in.  Holding up 5.0
> is not helping anyone, and I for one am more than a little annoyed about
> the protracted "code freeze" and its gradual thaw-without-any-announcement;
> it complicates my own release engineering task enormously.

I know I'm going to regret replying to this, but to address the points you
bring up.

The revivesa is the last gating feature before a 5.0 branch.

It is needed for backwards compatibility.

As Martin said, if you have a better way of providing this, it
would be great to see it. Otherwise, any help you could give us
to get it in shape would be welcomed.

"Holding up 5.0 is not helping anyone".  Nonsense - what will become
5.0 has had more testing than any other NetBSD release to date.  This
is due to the code freeze.  I'm not aware of any thaw in it, but
maybe, as 5.0 release manager, I'm the last to know about these
things.

Alistair