Re: pcmaudio(4), for fun and games.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 04:09:49PM +0530, Cherry G. Mathew wrote:
[...]
> Comments on the code, would of course be welcome, be gentle though :-)

I am not happy at all with the way autoconf(9) is abused in that patch.
I care very little about the feature, but I don't mind the effort.

If I understand that patch correctly, you're basically attaching an
audio device to pcppi(4), pretty much like we're already attaching a
midi(4) device to it.  I don't see any reason for an intermediate
device.

It looks to me you should just set up the audio_attach_mi call from
pcppi_attach_speaker() (because that's where the pcppi device
registers itself to its [hopefully] matching attimer device, so you're
about the existence, or not, of the attimer device).

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost