Re: Fwd: openvpn, no errors but no workie...

Well here's the fix for me...

Like all BSD variants, the tap method requires a kernel with

tap, bridge and GATEWAY enabled in the kernel. The sysctl option

for packet forwarding must be set. (In NetBSD that would be

net.inet.ip.forwarding=1, typically from /etc/sysctl.conf at boot)

The last line of the config file specifies the location of a script to

run on startup:

up /usr/local/etc/openvpn/bridgeup.sh

This script brings up the tap interface and assigns it a dummy address

so it doesn't go back down. It is also important to bridge the tap

interface to the lan interface so packets will leave the box! (They

won't route out of the tap interface without it.) For example

#!/bin/sh

# make an ip to bring up the tap interface

ifconfig $1 192.168.254.254 netmask 255.255.255.255

# make bridge0 to pass through the tap interface to the private network :)

ifconfig create bridge0

brconfig bridge0 add $1 add nfe0 up

Be sure to specify the correct interface for the LAN (on this host it is

nfe0) the tap interface (typically tap0) is passed to the script as $1

by openvpn.

greetings, George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><