Re: Subfile GSoC Mid-Checkpoint Status

On Jul 14, 2008, at 3:39 PM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008, Adam Burkepile wrote:
int
subfile_open( const char* base_file , const char* base_file , int open_flags)

int
subfile_fopen( int base_file , const char* base_file , int open_flags)

So they both return normal int file descriptors, just like open would. The difference is how you are getting the basefile. subfile_fopen is for a basefile that you already have open and have the fd.

How far's the implementation of this?
Given it's mid-term and expecting integration, tuning and documentation,
I'd guess that it's already progressed to some extent.

- Hubert

So far, the progress on the subfile_open system call is opening the basefile (using a modified open system call), getting necessary information about it that I will need later (mode flags, subfile_dir_inode, etc), and then just returning the fd for the basefile (this will ultimately be changed to the subfile fd obviously). Creating/opening the subfile file has not started yet. This is mainly due to the time constraints that I had to deal with that I stated in the earlier post about the status of the project.

Adam Burkepile