Re: revivesa status 2008/07/09

Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
> To me, the binary compatibility issue is the biggest one - while running
> 0.8 binaries is perhaps no longer important, 5.0 kernel on 4.0 userland
> is still relevant.

AFAIK, all you need is just to upgrade your libpthread, and your 4.0 userland
would work fine. Your old applications would work fine too.

But instead of that, you want to add ~3000 lines of code, which is quite
complex, and not very resistant to the DoS attacks. I am not convinced :)

--
Best regards,
Mindaugas