Re: Newbie Kernel Programmer looking for first project.

Michael Litchard wrote:
I'm new to cvs, I  know I should be using cvs to modify
the kernel source but I've never used it before.
Could someone point me to a tutorial
for cvs for the way the netbsd project uses it?
I know I need to do the following
download the source (done, using anoncvs)
start modifying the source (cvs is used here somehow?)

Just modify the file, no cvs commands necessary.

make a diff

cvs diff -u filename

open a pr with the diff.

send-pr, use your favourite $EDITOR to import the diff into the problem report template.

Cheers,
Jared