Re: sysctl question

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 08:38:40AM -0700, Tim Rightnour wrote:

> On 19-Jun-2008 Paul Goyette wrote:
> >         2. Modify sysmon_envsys to add a new mechanism
> >
> >#2 is a whole lot more work than I'm ready to sign up for at this time!
>
> Why do you think #2 is hard? It looks like most of the mechanics are already
> there for it, it just needs a little extra parsing logic in
> sme_userset_dictionary() to deal with warnings.  I think you can probably just
> copy the code for critical-min/max and change a few lines here and there.
>
> #2 is definately the correct way to do it.  If anything, it is an oversight in
> envsys2 that it doesn't allow the userland to set those values.

There's also:

#3 put envsys2 to sleep and design *something*.  Anything has to be
better than something that never was actually designed, but just grew
randomly like an unmaintained tree.  Besides the developer who wrote it
has resigned.

It's clearly too close for 5.0, but it's definitely a project for 6.0.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube%cubidou.net@localhost - cube%NetBSD.org@localhost