Re: usb at pcmcia?

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 23:40:47 -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> Hmm.  "cardbus" does not appear in the GENERIC hpcmips config for
> either 3.1 or 4.0, so I'm not sure any longer about cardbus vs pcmcia
> on the WorkPad.  As I wrote elsewhere in this thread, at least a few
> cards marked "cardbus" fit mechanically, which I thought they wouldn't
> if the machine were PCMCIA-only; I'm now wondering if I'm wrong.  (The
> wikipedia article on pcmcia/cardbus seems to indicate I'm not, FWTMBW.)

HPC:Factor - a very good site about H/PC machines - has a page devoted
to pcmcia/cardbus mess, and the summary is:

  No Handheld PC platform release is capable of supporting a Cardbus
  device, however uses need to be cautious because Handheld PC devices
  do not ship with 16-bit limited card slots. This means that 32-bit
  devices can be inserted into the slots which could potentially
  result in damage to your hardware.

SY, Uwe
--                       |       Zu Grunde kommen          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen