Re: pmf_device_register() vs pmf_device_register1()

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:29:41 +0100
Matthias Drochner <> wrote:

> said:
> > I suppose that pmf_device_register1() is a temporary solution and will
> > be made the default solution in the future?
> It is temporary.
> I'd prefer to connect the suspend/resume/shutdown function
> pointers to "struct cfattach", directly or indirectly.
> This would save the calls to register these, and one would't
> have to take care to deregister at detach time.
> Also, with some creative use of cpp, one could more easily
> deselect unneeded features, for embedded platforms or so.

No idea about this stuff, but I really like your suggestion
about using function pointers in cfattach for them.

Juan Romero Pardines             The NetBSD Project         NetBSD/pkgsrc news in Spanish     Make your own NetBSD Live CD/DVD!