RE: Removing GENERIC.local from the repository

On 10-Feb-2008 Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:
> What I'd like to do is change all kernels that include a
> GENERIC.local to use cinclude instead, and then drop GENERIC.local
> from the CVS.  The reason for this is to avoid having local
> modifications to files that are strictly designed to modified locally
> and never committed.  Otherwise, having stuff added to these
> generates noise during, e.g. 'cvs update', and you know that an
> innocent 'cvs commit' in the incorrect directory will end up
> committing local stuff to the tree that will have to be reverted
> later on.

The point of the files however, is to make it obvious to the users that this
option is available to them.  Isn't there another way you could avoid your
commit issues, such as a cvs ignore or something on that file?

I fear that if you remove it, nobody will know they can use it.

---
Tim Rightnour <root%garbled.net@localhost>
Genecys: Open Source 3D MMORPG: http://www.genecys.org/