Re: Removing GENERIC.local from the repository

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:54:53 +0100
"Julio M. Merino Vidal" <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> What I'd like to do is change all kernels that include a
> GENERIC.local to use cinclude instead, and then drop GENERIC.local
> from the CVS.  The reason for this is to avoid having local
> modifications to files that are strictly designed to modified
> locally and never committed.

I very much agree, for an even stronger reason: I like /usr/src to be
read-only, so I can blow it away and recreate it, without pain.
(Aside: what I'd really like is some sort of overlay where I can make
my local changes, but still do 'cvs update' (or 'cvs commit') on the
base system.