Re: Removing GENERIC.local from the repository

  I see that config(5) describes a 'cinclude' statement to include a
  file if it exists, otherwise ignoring it.  This was added in 1999.
  May I assume that this is the reason why the GENERIC.local files
  (i386's one being added n 1996) are stored in the repository?  Is it
  there any other reason to keep them there?

I had no idea about cinclude.  So sure, this seems reasonable, although
I think it's a nice hint to people to have GENERIC.local present.

  e.g. 'cvs update', and you know that an  innocent 'cvs commit' in the
  incorrect directory will end up  committing local stuff to the tree
  that will have to be reverted  later on.

If you don't do 'cvs diff' and read the output just before commit, it
really can't be called innocent, but I see your point.

So I am not really in favor of this change, but I do not object.