Re: Enable UFS2, logging by default in sysinst

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 05:09:31PM +0100, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 03:32:05PM +0000, Andrew Doran wrote:

> > > I'm not commenting on the patch itself, but to the functional changes in
> > > it.
> > >
> > > IMHO only UFS2 should be enabled, keeping logging off by default for
> > > the moment.
> > > Wabpl is too new to have it enable by default.
> >
> > I understand, but at what point would you declare it stable? Bear in mind
> > that the change applies to -current, not 5.0.
>
> I'm not against to add it, but it was my understanding that you and Joerg (?)
> are working on getting it in a more stable state.
> I saw your mail, about the ffs fixes, which looks promising, but I don't know
> about what Joerg is doing.

I have tested the public patches from ad@ (slightly older), pooka@
(applied) and myself. Neither of that seems to fix all the performance
issues and all the dead lock conditions, but the all of them improve the
situation and at least the combination of pooka's changes with ad's
recent patch seem to make the timing range small enough that it can't be
hit during the parallel bulk builds.

Joerg